Requirements and restrictions: Plan II and Liberal Arts Honors College of Liberal Arts
In addition to submitting a complete application for admission, freshman applicants who apply to the Plan II Honors program and the Liberal Arts Honors Program should also review the following information regarding special application requirements and admission restrictions.
- Honors Programs: In addition to applying for admission, Plan II and Liberal Arts Honors applicants must complete the online Honors Program application and submit the additional materials indicated in the application.
- Major selection: Applicants to Plan II must select Plan II in the College of Liberal Arts as one of their major choices when applying for admission to the university.
- Fall-only Admission: Entering Plan II and Environmental Science (Geographical Sciences) students must begin their studies in a fall semester. Application to these majors is not available in summer and spring.
- Highly Competitive Major: Admission to Plan II is extremely competitive; admission decisions are based on high school curriculum and performance, test scores, and information submitted via the required online honors application and in optional teacher recommendations.
- Preparation: If you’re interested in applying to Plan II or Liberal Arts Honors, you should prepare with a broad and challenging curriculum that includes honors, Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate courses in literature, mathematics (including calculus), foreign language, and the sciences during each year of high school.
Students interested in applying to Plan II should contact the Plan II office at 512-471-1442 or by e-mail with questions.